Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lake Mead!!!

We went and stayed in Mesquite to go boating a couple weekends ago with my in-laws. So much fun! I'm so lucky to have such great, fun in-laws. This is me and the dude hangin out on the boat. My little nephew Dylan is getting so big! He was my little bud. Him and his brothers, Brock and Kaden, are little fish. All they wanted to do was get out and swim with everyone. K, so I know this picture is dark, but I thought it was kinda cool that way. This is my man doing what he loves best, wakeboarding. The water was PERFECT at Mead. So perfect, even I got up. (I've been trying for like, 5 years is all) AND my mother-in-law. Kevin said it was the best wakeboarding he's ever done, but I was too slow on the trigger to get any pics with him getting any air. But him and his sis Beth got some awesome jumps in. I'm sad I didn't get the evidence, cuz it was pretty impressive. Or "frickin awesome" as Tyler would say.... :)
This is Lisa, Erik, and Kaden. It was good to see them cuz now that they live in St. George, we don't get to very often. Lisa got up on the wakeboard as well. WOO WOO! We're pretty much pro's now.
Dylan wearing my sunglasses trying to look tough. He kills me.


These my friends, are the wild donkeys we came across on the drive home. Who knew there were wild donkey families just roaming down south? I sure didn't. You would have thought we saw a pride of lions the way we stopped and took pictures in amazement, but seriously? Donkey's? They were so cute, and look how nice they were to stop and pose for me.

I'm sad I didn't get more pictures, but dont worry. I got a new scary camera for my birthday that I'm not sure how to use yet. I'm gonna take some lessons, so I think I have a new hobby. WOOT! (Don't worry, I won't pretend to be a professional for AT LEAST two weeks. Ha ha ha! No, this will strictly be a hobby thing for me. But I'm SO EXCITED!!!) Thank you to my in-laws for such a fun trip! It's always a good time with you guys and I can't wait till next year when Joleen, Lisa, and I show up all you "experienced" wakeboarders. Yeah, you heard.

9 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

No we are NOT fighting right now. I sent you a link to my blog a few days ago....so there! And I really didn't start in July, I just saved my blog address IN CASE I started one. I can't believe I did, I told myself I would NEVER succumb! I blame you!

The Bonham Family said...

Those are my most favorite vacations! Love the random donkeys! How is becoming a domestic Diva!

Dellany Higby said...

Annie, you got up!!! Woo hoo. Sounds like such an awesome trip. Love the donkeys. And you need to invite me over and let me play with your new camera. Ok, so no you don't really, but I love taking pictures and wish I had a better camera so they would actually look good. You will have so much fun with that. Tremayne loved the pants! In fact.. haven't been able to keep him off me since, hehehe. I loved spending quality time with you my dear, I was in such a good mood the whole day! Love you tons

Joleen said...

Okay, so I so loved your picture of the donkeys (except they are burros). It did not do them justice, though, they were so cute! Why no pictures of you getting up and wakeboarding? I need to get mine up and show everyone how well you did, even went outside the wake, ha,ha! Next year we will be pros. Miss you guys tons. We had a great time Boating with you and loved to watch Kevin and his amazing jumps on the wakeboard.

Tiffany and Bill said...

It looks like you had so much fun! We all need to get together sometime, its been way too long!

And of course you and Dell are invited to my baby shower!

Beth and Shilo said...

Yep Andrea that trip was FRICKIN AWESOME. And I am so impressed you got up!! But like you said it was probably the last time you will be up in awhile because you will PROBABLY be with child next summer. You said it not me!!

And I love those donkeys, obviously, I was freakin out when I saw them. They were so cute and I got an AWESOME picture of one of them right before my camera died. Who knew there where wild burros out there. NOT US!!!

And I can't wait to see your new camera! I am excited you got it because know that you are a photographer you can take mine and Chad's pictures for our Christmas cards. It will be nice to have a professional photog in the family. Really though if you take photography classes maybe I will join you, let me know if you do. So I can be a PRO too and market my photography business on my blog.

The Lichtie Family said...

First of all, congratulations on updating your blog. Secondly, congrats on getting up - I suck. I always end up giving myself a lake enema. Ouch. Gotta love lake water up the bummy....

The Moshers said...

Umm....Joleen....I hate to tell you this, but a burro IS a donkey. Just lettin' ya know, chica. Google it....

Although you probably won't read this on Andrea's blog, so I'll leave it up to her to straighten you out. Hmm, I guess I'm kinda lame to call you out on someone else's blog, huh?

Hi Andrea! Great pics, glad you had a great time. By the way, we have a lake right by us that totally puts Mead to shame....Mead is nothin' but a mudhole, baby. So now you have to come see it..... *hint*hint*

Shandi Brown said...

FUN! And donkeys? that is weird.